Recently I shared twelve clever re-uses for empty prescription bottles. Turns out I'm not the only with a surplus of pill bottles, you asked for them so here are twelve more of my favorite ways to re-purpose a clean and dry prescription bottle:
- Seed storage: keep leftover garden seeds organized and prevent them from spilling by storing them inside a clearly labeled bottle.
- Salad dressing carrier: pack a side of salad dressing to go with your lunch. Or prevent your sandwich from getting soggy by packing the mayonnaise in a bottle and adding it just before you eat.
- Eyeglass repair kit: stash those itty bitty screws, nose pads and specialty screwdriver in a bottle as your own personal fix it kit.
- Q-tips: keep the q-tips in your make-up bag clean and lint free by storing them in a bottle.
- Manicure kit: make a mini manicure kit complete with a small nail file, tweezers and a nail clipper.
- Seasonings and spices: once you open a seasoning or spice packet store the extra in a spill proof bottle before placing it in the spice drawer.
- Twist ties: keep those twist ties tangle free by placing them in a bottle before putting them in your junk drawer.
- Coins: keep quarters handy for trips to the Laundromat or in the car for meters or tollbooths.
- House key and fun money: before heading to the beach stash your house key and a little spending money in a water-proof bottle.
- Toothpicks: once you open a box of toothpicks store them in a pill bottle they're easy to find in the pantry.
- Dog treats: heading to the park with your dog? Stash a few treats in a bottle and bring it along, your furry friend will thank you.
- Paint: once you finish painting a room pour some paint into a bottle for those little touch ups. Since paint colors change only six months (due to sunlight) you'll only need a little for touch ups. If you need more than that you'd repaint the whole room anyway. Don't forget to put a dot of the color in the lid and write on the bottle which room it belongs to, trust me you'll never remember.
Jamie Novak, The World’s Most Relatable Organizer, is author of "Stop Throwing Money Away: Turn Clutter to Cash, Trash to Treasure—And Save the Planet While You're at It." Please visit her website at JamieNovak.com.