You don't have to look any further than your kitchen recycling bin for an easy and frugal way to organize those messy drawers. If you have empty food cans then you can make this three step do-it-yourself drawer organizer—and it works in just about any drawer in your home or office.
- 3-9 cans of varying sizes*
- 1 lightweight scarf from your wardrobe closet
- 1 messy drawer of your choice (see ideas below)
*measure the height to ensure the drawer will close with the can standing up inside
Three Simple Steps:
- After ensuring the cans all have safe edges arrange them inside the empty drawer in the desired configuration
- Tie the scarf around the cans to secure them in place
- Organize the drawer by filling the cans with the items from the drawer
Get creative! Try the organizer in any of these drawers:
- vanity makeup
- desk drawer
- kitchen junk
- garage workshop
- child's homework
- child's playroom
- crafting area
Presto! You have a newly organized drawer using items from your own home which means you didn't have to spend a dime. I think my favorite part about this project is the ability to customize- - you can rearrange the cans as you wish to fit your need at the time.
GOT ITEMS YOU HATE TOSSING? TRY ME!
What other household items do you hate throwing away but aren't sure how to put to good use? I take requests!
Until next time keep it simple and clutter-free!
Jamie Novak, The World’s Most Relatable Organizer, is author of "Stop Throwing Money Away: Turn Clutter to Cash, Trash to Treasure—And Save the Planet While You're at It." Please visit her website at JamieNovak.com.