I recently appeared on the Dr. Oz show to talk about Middle Age cures for your middle ages--meaning, handed-down remedies that have been used, well, since the Dark Ages, that can help you with all that ails you in your 40s, 50s, 60s (constipation, stress, need I go on?). Of course, we all suffer from this stuff from time to time, so it's nice to know there are some natural remedies to try. Age notwithstanding.
What I love about this show is that they really ham it up. I had a great time chatting up these age-old "cures" (note that they do not actually cure any diseases or conditions) with the ever-charming, scrub-wearing Dr. Oz.
Like this clip? Read on for more natural remedies!
Traditional herbal medicine is in fact quite old, many reaching back even further than the middle ages. Here are some other related articles you might be into, especially if you liked this segment!
- Mood-boosting herbs and how to take them (Jovial King on Whole Living Daily).
- Herbs that ease digestion, including a recipe for "Tummy Love Tea" (Jovial King on Whole Living Daily)
- Secret Kitchen Cures, including what to use for a sore throat, bloating, or a toothache (Whole Living magazine)
- How to update your holistic medicine cabinet (Whole Living)
- Natural ways to soothe and prevent colds and flu - and how to stock a natural medicine cabinet (Whole Living)
- Adaptogenic herbs: What they are and how they can help you cope with stress (Whole Living)
Terri Trespicio is senior features editor at Whole Living magazine and the host of "Whole Living" on Martha Stewart Living Radio, which airs every day at 10a East / 7a West on Sirius 112 / XM 157. Follow her on twitter @TerriT or subscribe to her videos on youtube at TerriT73.