When it comes to making a hearty meatless meal that keeps me satisfied, eggplant is my go-to vegetable. Grilled slices served over quinoa and drizzled with a yogurt, garlic, and balsamic vinegar dressing create this smokey, tangy, and slightly sweet lunch.
Creamy Grilled Eggplant
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- a handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- cooked quinoa, for serving
Heat a grill pan to medium-high. Toss eggplant with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. (Eggplant will absorb the oil quickly - toss it right before grilling.) Grill, turning, until tender and blackened in spots.
Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, balsamic vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve eggplant on quinoa and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.