Ever since I tested the Hurom Slow Juicer last spring (check out our review in May’s Whole Life News), I’ve been juicing up a storm. A simple green juice is one of my favorites, and today I decided to swap the straw for a fork. Instead of juicing everything, I combined thinly sliced celery, cucumber, and green apple with pea shoots, baby arugula, and parsley leaves. Tossed with a whole grain mustard vinaigrette, this crunchy salad is refreshing and filling.
Ultra Green Salad
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced (save the leaves – they are quite tasty!)
- 1/2 green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
Whisk mustard, vinegar, and olive oil together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste. Serve immediately.