Please a crowd at your next holiday potluck or simply save room for a no-guilt dessert with this no-bake, protein-rich treat.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Oil, for pan
1 1/2 cups gluten-free crisp rice cereal
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
1/4 cup shelled peanuts
1 Tbsp agave nectar
3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
3/4 scant cup dark chocolate chips
1. Oil an 8-inch-square pan. Set aside.
2. Pulse cereal, coconut, and peanuts in a food processor until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
3. Add agave nectar and 3/4 cup peanut butter, pulsing until well combined.
4. Using damp hands, firmly press the mixture into the prepared pan. Transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes, then remove.
5. Melt together chocolate chips and remaining 1 Tbsp peanut butter. Stir until mixture is smooth and glossy.
6. Pour melted chocolate-peanut butter mixture into pan, using a spoon to spread chocolate until evenly distributed.
7. Freeze for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set, then slice. Store in refrigerator or a cool, dry place.
Adapted from: AllRecipes.com