Need an easy dessert to bring to the park this weekend? This light batter just needs about an hour in the oven to yield a buttery, delicious pound cake for spring.
Berry-Cream Pound Cake (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Adapted from: GlutenFreeEasily
1/4 cup grapeseed, canola, or safflower oil
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons raw sugar (regular sugar also works)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca starch
3/4 teaspoon guar gum (xanthan gum not recommended)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sliced strawberries (or other small berries)
Extra oil/sugar for pan
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Oil and sugar an 8"x4" pan. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a mixer, combine oils, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and coconut milk. Add flours, guar gum, salt, and baking powder. Mix for two minutes or until a smooth batter has come together.
3. Fold in strawberries or other berries.
4. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 60-65 minutes, or until top is golden and toothpick comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and run a knife around the edge of the cake. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto plate to finish cooling. Store in refrigerator.
For more delicious gluten-free desserts, head here.