Before your Memorial Day weekend celebrations begin, get the lowdown on these Healthy Headlines, and be prepared to discuss around the barbeque.
- Beach-Friendly Snacks: From cool, refreshing foods to low-carb protein bars, these tasty bites eliminate belly bloating and give you the energy you need for day of fun in the sun. Now let's talk about that beach bag... (Equinox)
- Diabetes and Teens: A new study says the number of adolescents developing Type 2 diabetes and prediabetes has increased dramatically in the last decade. Try a walking workout to help reduce your risk of diabetes and some cancers. (The New York Times)
- Organic Food(ie) Labels: Should you think twice about those organic apples to avoid sounding self-righteous? A new study found that subjects exposed to organic foods are judgmental and less likely to help strangers. Whoa. Let's still grab the free-range eggs and prove everyone wrong. (Time)
- Clean Eating: Dr. Frank Lipman counts the reasons you should consider a detox. With side effects such as, better digestion, weight loss, and energy boosts -- who wouldn't want to give their body a fresh start? May we suggest our lovely three-day reboot? (drfranklipman.com)
- Put the Food Down: Adding stop signs to your food, plus more ways to avoid mindless eating. Need more motivation? Get our smart eating tips. (Forbes)