Between Mother's Day (still need a gift?) and getting set for summer, we know it's a busy time -- and that's why we want to help keep you informed. We're happy to introduce our new column, Healthy Headlines, where every Thursday we'll share the week's most interesting, shocking, and inspirational health stories.
- Workout Overload: Isn't working out supposed to relieve stress? Maybe not, according to this look at New York women who spend hours a day (and thousands of dollars a year) working out at separate boutique gyms twice, sometimes three times a day. We need to do some yoga just to recover from this. (New York Times)
- The Perfect Beach Run: With Memorial Day just a few weeks away, this recipe for the perfect jog in the sand has us dreaming of more than juicy burgers this summer. (Lululemon)
- The Future of Chocolate: Since chocolate-eaters weigh less than non-chocolate eaters, could the antioxidant-rich treat we love actually make us thin? Dr. Andrew Weil gives his take. (Dr Weil)
- Big News: While the obesity growth rate has slowed, a new study reveals that 42% of Americans will be obese by 2030. Um, maybe those two-a-day workouts don't sound so bad after all. (FitSugar)
- Healthy Getaways: Nutritionists select their top good-for-you summer vacations, from hilly towns in Italy to beaches in Rhode Island. We're on vacation-mode just looking at these destinations. (Equinox)