June 12, 2012
6 Sunscreens You'll Be Wearing All Summer
Posted by Colleen Egan
Sunscreen isn't just for the beach anymore--dermatologists say we should be slathering on the stuff daily. But the good news is that sunblock is not longer a smelly, goopy, chalky white affair. So whether you're swimming laps in the pool or speed-walking to work, one of these mineral sunscreens will suit your summer style.
1 This non-comedogenic sunscreen features translucent color spheres that provide light coverage for any skin tone.
2 This water-resistant Badger sunscreen maintains its SPF after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating, and its BPA- and pthalate-free packaging is made from 50% post-consumer waste.
3 This paraben-free mineral sunscreen is gentle enough for sensitive skin.
4 John Masters Organics' sunscreen contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, plus certified organic ingredients to moisturize the skin.
5 Formulated for babies and children, this sunscreen by Mustela is fragrance-free and hypoallergenic.
6 This pocket-sized sunscreen stick is convenient for areas that need extra protection and frequent touchups, like the lips, neck, nose, and the skin around the eyes.
1. SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50, $32
2. Badger Broad Spectrum SPF 35 Sport Sunscreen, $15.99
3. Banana Boat Natural Reflect SPF 50, $10.99
4. John Masters Organics SPF 30 Natural Mineral Sunscreen, $32
5. Mustela High Protection Sun Lotion SPF 50, $15.50
6. MDSolarSciences Natural Mineral Sunscreen Stick SPF 40, $12.95
Comments are moderated, and will not appear on this weblog until the author has approved them.