Raspberries and coconut make for a bright and summery cookie---and these come complete without any eggs or dairy. You can also make thumbprint cookies, adding a spoonful of lemon curd to each after baking, or toss in some mini chocolate chips to the batter for a more decadent treat.
Vegan Raspberry Coconut Macaroons
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Makes about 3 dozen
2 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3/4 cup raw sugar (or granulated sugar)
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (scant) non-dairy milk
1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
1 cup raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients except raspberries.
3. Pour in the raspberries and pulse a few times until incorporated. Stir with a spoon until the batter is mostly pink.
4. By the tablespoonful, roll batter into small balls, then flatten with the palms of your hands. Arrange on baking sheets about an inch apart.
5. Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to plate. Store in an airtight container.
For more gluten-free recipes, head here.