I know, I know. The greenest thing would be to say "No gifts! Give the money to environmental nonprofits!" And I wish I were that virtuous, really.
But the cold, hard truth is that my fiancé and I could actually use some new household items. (Case in point: We're still eating off of the now-chipped dishes with a fruit design border my mom bought with grocery-store stamps when I was 11.) So, combat my capitalist guilt, I used MyRegistry.com to compile a wish list of eco-friendly items from my favorite artisans and retailers. Another option is the registry tool at Green Bride Guide—a site I've found infinitely helpful during this entire planning process—which lets you pull from a selection of beautiful home goods that have been prescreened for planet friendliness.
Have a green-minded bride you're shopping for this wedding season? I bet she'd love at least one of these items from my registry below.
1. Globe coffee cups, $45 each, DbO Home
2. Napkins with ties, $38 for 4, Branch
3. Woodland creatures pillow, $124, K Studio
4. Vegetable brush, $14, Canoe
5. Recycled glass tumblers, $20 for 2, Brookfarm General Store
6. Rustic linen blanket, $158, Coyuchi
7. Ball Jar coffee mill, $98, Terrain
8. Enamel Bake Set, $108 for set of 5, Brookfarm General Store